Before I started at Capilano this fall, I went to SFU’s Fine Arts program. In some cases, I got interesting results, but the curriculum tended to emphasize theory over practice…
In that time I’ve been sort of working on artisic self-improvement. I’m now a student at Capilano University’s 2d animation program, and for this summer I’m doing some graphic design work between semesters.
In these five years I have:
-Quit my old webcomic to make sprites for an indie game
-Transferred to SFU’s fine art program, only to leave it for Capilano Animation
-Made lots of icons for the independent computer game Kaiju-A-Gogo
-Switched mostly to Instagram and Tumblr due to increased sketch frequency.
-Started a new, more awesome webcomic: Ohmworld!
However, with all the breakneck speed of updates I’ve been taking on, I’ve been missing out on the finer bloggy things in life.
I can’t promise I’ll be here all the time, but I am back, and to reflect my new artistic methods, I now have Instagram plugged into to sidebar so that even if I’m not here, you can still take a look at what I’m up to.
I’ll add some of the art I’ve been up to lately by next week-and newer stuff should start coming in by later this month.
In the meantime: It’s a pleasure to be back.
For those of you not already in the know, there is a new movement originating from online called OCCUPY WALL STREET. It is essentially about restoring the balance of power between the super-rich (The 1%) and the rest of the nation (The 99%), though it does air other concerns as well.
The movement started in New York City, but has since spread across the continent to my own city, Vancouver BC.
I went over there to interview members of the movement in person. You can see my findings by clicking these links.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peaGIcJLxsI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsCTnu96ECc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO9mT6BZa_s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjuGDx5UvRk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqyTDT6-2Ao http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXNIRycRNYk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-N-vpPt3Jw
Much is going on. I hope you’ll watch us.
UPDATE: The Occupy Movement now has a goal! The ROBINHOOD Tax is the propsed solution! http://robinhoodtax.org/how-it-works/everything-you-need-to-know